A calm and informed reaction at the scene after an accident will reduce your chances for additional grief and expense.
Try to obtain the following information at the scene of the accident:
1. The drivers full name, license number, address, and multiple phone numbers
2. The license plate number, make and model, and color of the vehicle
3. The insurance company name listed on the vehicles registration
4. The date, time, location (ie: West bound on Street name), and conditions
5. If available, name and information for any witnesses
6. Take pictures with your cell phone BEFORE the cars are moved from the spot of the accident if it is safe and possible to do so.
7. When in doubt, call the police, and wait for them to arrive before moving the cars.
Once the confusion of the accident has passed, the smartest thing you can do is to call someone with experience who will work with your best interest in mind – your collision specialist here at Middlesex Auto Body.
Do I have to take my car to a certain repair shop?
No you do not. You (the vehicle owner) have the right to decide what repair shop your vehicle will be repaired at. The purpose of your insurance company is to pay for the repairs.
How many estimates do I need?
You need only ONE estimate!
1. You can call us to make arrangements to have your car or truck inspected by your insurance company here at our shop. We prefer this method since it allows us to represent our customers, and their cars, best interests while negotiating with the insurance company from the very beginning of the repair process.
2. You can bring your car to an insurance company’s drive-in appraisal location. There, the insurance company’s appraiser will be allowed to appraise the damage without a second opinion being voiced. Once you have obtained their appraisal (estimate), stop by Middlesex Auto Body with the paperwork so we can review the information together.
[boxibt style=”info”]We’re located just off Route 27 at 8 Harrison St. Natick, MA 01760. Our regular business hours are Monday to Friday from 8 to 5, however, only a phone call to 508-653-7510 is needed to set up a time before 8 AM, after 5 PM, or on a Saturday morning.[/boxibt]